Tuesday 1 March 2016

Pre-Production: Week 16

Week 16 - Treatment Begins



  • I firstly came up with the tagline for our short film. And as a group decided that the title should be something related to missed opportunities. I took recce shots of locations such as the gym, the cafĂ© in Jennison from multiple angles and my bedroom. I also asked Phoebe to send me some shots of the library, Eliot footpath and a typical Turing bedroom. 

Here are a few examples of the shots I have taken:

EDA 1
EDA Cafe
Gym
Gym
EDA 2
EDA Cafe



  • From these recce shots, I was able to analyse each location and what problems I would have ran into if filming in that chosen location. For example in the gym, the lighting is a bit too harsh and can also be quite dim depending on the time of day. I was also able to check things such as accessibility and ask whether I would have permission to film there (I received a form to fill out and had to get my group to sign it).
  • In the EDA cafe, I noticed that it would be quite a convenient location to film as we have 24 hour access and the lighting is quite good as there is plenty of light at any time of day. I reassessed whether there was enough space to film in the gym due to the help of these shots however I decided that it would be fine and any problems run into on the day would be based on extraneous variables.

1 comment:

  1. Add more detail and seek guidance from relevant research - use library resources. E.g re lighting technique.

    ReplyDelete